MALIBU CERAMIC WORKS was established in 1979 as part of the master craftsman revival movement. Our mission is to create beautiful handmade tile and terra cotta products in the tradition of local tile manufacturers that flourished during the early part of the 20th century. Companies like Malibu Potteries, The Santa Monica Brick Company, The Hispano Moresque Tile Company and Catalina Pottery are just a few of the many tile companies that together created the look that is synonymous with Spanish Colonial Revival architecture.
Over the past 30 years, Malibu Ceramic Works has established itself as a local art treasure. Our decorative tile and terra cotta adorn many prominent commercial and residential sites such as:
- The Battistone Villa, Santa Barbara (featured on the cover of Casa California)
- The French Ranch, Thousand Oaks (featured in the book California Romantica)
- Los Angeles City Hall, Hollywood
- The Chateau Marmont, Hollywood
- The Biltmore Hotel, Santa Barbara
In addition, our work has been featured in Sunset Magazine, American Bungalow, Traditional Builders and the Los Angeles Times.